Are You Prepared?

I always thought we were doing really well on preparedness until we met Hurricane Ike. Yes even in our secret underwater base somewhere in the good old U.S.A., we got caught in up the the hurricane's path. My family did beautifully living without power for a week. Fortunately our tap water was still on and clean. It really got me thinking about how to improve our preparedness to the next thing to come along. We had enough food for the week, but not enough batteries. I also had to run the store again for a clothes line half way through the week. My kids had a great time learning to wash clothes in the tub and dry them on the line. We were so blessed to be able to campout at home for a week. My prayers and thoughts go out to all the families who lost their homes and loved ones. May your lives be filled with peace and healing.